Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

One more artist asking for feedbacks

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
LeeCurt polycounter lvl 2
Hi every one, I ‘m new on the polycount forums

I know there is a million post like this one, but I’m here to ask for portfolio feedbacks too.

I graduated last year from my school in France and had a 6 months experience in a video game studio as an intern. Since then i’m looking for a job (7 months now). I had some art tests from different companies, but never managed to get the job at the end.

To tell you more about my art, il feel closer to illustrative and stylized rendering, with vibrant color palets.

For the moment i see myself as a generalist, that’s why i’m targeting small companies but maybe it’s not a good idea to show versatility in a portfolio as a junior who wants to break into the industry. I don’t really know if i should focus more on some particular points, or what i must take out of my portfolio. That’s also why i need a fresh eye and feedbacks on my work, to build a stronger portfolio.

www.leecurt.tumblr.com

Thanks, and sorry if my english sounds kind of weird.

Have a nice day all !

Replies

• l.croxton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, just thought I'd drop a quick comment on your portfolio :) While you're work to me looks nice, your portfolio looks like you've just got all your work and dumped it there.

I'd personally try and organise it so its more guided in what you want to show off to people. So when I open it up instead of you just going "here you go...." its more "here let me show you this first" sort of thing.

I hope that helps a little bit :) You're work does look good so I don't think thats an issue; atleast for me its not! However I'm not a seasoned professional like a lot of people are on here :P So yeah, I hope you get a few more comments on it :) and best of luck with your search!
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    One of the main problems I'm seeing here is poor optimization, the guy with the red jacket especially suffers from this (those feet >_<). Most smaller studios are very conservative when it comes to triangle count so you need to work on that area more.

The next big issue is that, even though some your 2D work has vibrant colors, your 3D work doesn't. Other then the burger all your 3D pieces suffer from very simple color pallets, they use a single base color and then 2-3 single shades beyond that. You need to have subtle colors mixing with each other in order to create an interesting pallet, and you're not doing that currently.

There's other problems, but those are the two things you should be most concerned with atm.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    sorry bro, the last guy who asked filled up our monthly quota, you'll have to come back in a week.
  • LeeCurt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LeeCurt polycounter lvl 2
    Hope to get more feedbacks next week so :)

Thanks for the replies guys, i will work hard on the areas you pointed out.