Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dodge Charger SRT-8 Police Interceptor

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
maverickhornet polycounter lvl 9
Hey all,

I've been using my spare time to build up my high-poly skills and wanted to do something quite challenging. Must say I kind of feel I've bitten off more than I can chew but we will see how it goes!

Really dig the Dodge Charger and thought how cool would it be to recreate it in Interceptor form!

So this is what I am looking at recreating (bit of a mash-up):

HH88df3.jpg

u7lR7n5.jpg

Here is where I am so far. I'm looking at creating a low-poly to match next-gen standards but at the moment its more an exercise. More or less getting the shapes in at the mo.

e6Hn953.jpg

lqvzTLl.jpg
Wires

pmXgnwN.jpg

jCdOfHh.jpg
Wires

Let me know if I am doin' it right! :)

Replies

• Dennispls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dennispls polycounter lvl 16
    Could you provide some better lit shot of the rear? It is hard to tell what is going on.
    The front looks good but could probably shave a few polies off as some loops will not add to the shape.
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice blockout. Looking forward to the hipoly :)
  • LaurentiuN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LaurentiuN interpolator
    Nice nice nice, hmm about the inset...others have others dont have that!
  • maverickhornet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Dennispls - Thanks dude. Here is a clearer view of the back. Its all pretty basic ATM:

eSwPoHD.jpg

@Pedro - Thank you buddy. Love your work :)

@s1dK - Hmmm yeah, wasn't sure whether to follow the Police version 100% as I kind of like the inset. Though if it looks out of place I can remove it. Thank you for the crit tho! :)
  • Le Mans Racer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice blockout, I'm looking forward to seeing your work on this project.

The only critique I would say at this point is to get some research done on a particular interceptor, as the two images in the OP are of a 2012 NASCAR pace car and a 2014 AWD Interceptor.

These Chargers do change every year and it will help you a great deal to pick a set of pictures of a single Charger to stick with. I've found it helpful to stick with a certain set of references of a single car as I always nit pick about details at later stages. I always think small details such as LED lights, bull bars and exterior equipment help sell police cars.

Good luck!
  • maverickhornet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So... I kinda put this project on hold just after my last post and ended up leaving games for a bit, doing a Masters Degree in Visual Effects and then subjected myself to one year worth of Running in the VFX Industry. I hadn't touched it in a number of years as I just hadn't the time nor money to spare after moving into the Layout area of VFX.

In the last few months, I've decided to finish it during my lunch hours at work! I'm not entirely happy with it but I think it will do and aim to texture/shade it in Arnold in the future. For now, I think I'll move onto something fresh and different. I may have started this project on bad foundations which has only caused problems... but there you go!

Please, let me know what you think if you have any opinions:

Thanks guys!

I'll be posting up a turntable very soon!

If you feel like seeing what I've been doing since being VERY QUIET here... Then check out my website at http://www.mahonimation.com/

p.s: Progression .gif

• maverickhornet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Went and did a turntable if anyone is interested... feel free to say what you like!  :)

[Model] Dodge Charger SRT-8 Interceptor (2014) from Noel Mahoney on Vimeo.