Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first character.

DTS
DTS
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
DTS polycounter lvl 3
Hey Polycount, been lurking for some time, finally mustered up the courage to post. So I've been messing around with Zbrush for a couple of months now, doing mostly sketches and studies, so I wanted to try my hand at modelling a character to see what I have actually learned.
So here it is:
iFR4KBw.png
The model so far with some polypaint slapped on. Please excuse the weirdness going on with the shoulder pad,upper chest. I tried messin with the BPR settings and my lights, cant tell what's wrong with it atm.

It's loosely based on a concept that the newb character group tackled some time ago. It's super stylized, which I wasn't really comfortable with(I can barely make something look human as it is ha!), so I decided to go a different way, a middle ground I guess.

I would post the picture but I can't find the original to save my life and I don't want to upload someone else's work. To compensate however, I'll link an example from stevston89 who did an awesome job at depicting her in 3D while closely following the concept.

Ugh, this got kinda long.Anyway, looking forward to improving with all of you :)

Replies

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    I think cloth wrinkles and furs can use some loves :)

Concept Art by Konstantin Maystrenko ;)
    1509904_10152093843830115_217539693_n.jpg
  • Tetranome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tetranome polycounter lvl 6
    It's kind of hard to give constructive criticism on something without the concept you were shooting for, but I can point out a few things that I've noticed.

The back of her knees have big pits that are too big/go too far in from the side of the knee. There's a similar issue in the forearm where the pit is too deep.

The drooping piece on the back of her skirt is confusing. The wrinkles make me think it's cloth, however the thickness and the way it sits makes it seem like a pelt of sorts.

You should add the war paint as in stevston89's piece, it will help to break it up a bit more. Some different shades in the cloth & skin would help too.

Good work though. I'll look out for your next piece :)

EDIT: Oh wow, the concept art was posted as I was writing haha.
  • DTS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DTS polycounter lvl 3
    @PyrZern: Thanks a bunch man, I was hoping someone would post it :D
    @Tetranome: Thank you for the crits dude, really appreciate it.