Home General Discussion

is Wacom Cintiq 13hd any good?

weee
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
weee polycounter lvl 3
Hi I'm seriously considering getting a Cintiq, but can't really afford going with a bigger one, the 13HD is still within my budget and it supports full HD, compare to its big brothers, is it still good, I'll use it mainly for painting and sculpting.

Replies

• Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    There's a lot of reviews on youtube. Some people actually seem to prefer it, since it doesn't have the power/heating issues of the larger versions, and you don't have to make such broad strokes with your arm to cover the large surface area while drawing.
    I've personally been using a Surface Pro (not recommended), which has a 10" screen. This is a little small, but only because it's hard to make out the UI and buttons effectively in things like Photoshop. With a full 3" extra inches I'm certain that would no longer be an issue, and as for the drawing itself I'm already doing fine with what I have.
    So, I can't imagine there would be any problems with the size of the 13HD.
    Except one thing; apparently the 22" and 24" can be mounted on a stand like the Ergotron, whereas the 13" cannot. I found a blog post where someone got around that by mounting the Cintiq onto a small easel, then bolted the easel onto the Ergotron.
    From looking at it as well, the stand it comes with is 100% crap. Most people seem to just hold it in their arm while drawing, which they can because of the size.