Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New JetForce Reveal trailer

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
Hey all,

So in preparation for our Kickstarter, I've been working on re-cutting the original JetForce video into a more action packed trailer. Would love some feedback on it...

[vv]93989830[/vv]

or on Youtube: http://youtu.be/r8OR1zxqJI0

here's the original cut... http://youtu.be/4SENwol1vLI

Replies

• TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No one? Would love any feedback at all. I'm not very experienced with video editing.
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    This going to be converted into UE4?
  • unit187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    unit187 polycounter lvl 9
    No one? Would love any feedback at all. I'm not very experienced with video editing.

I don't know what to comment tbh. Some random gameplay footage, way too loud music, a character at start that is clipping into himself.

You've aligned parts of the video with music, which is nice ;)
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    it doesn't look ready for kickstarter.
    you have to ditch the unreal tournament weapons for one thing.
    there's no solid representation of gameplay. i guess ...deathmatch with flying people?
    it looks like you're going SOMEWHERE with it. I have no idea where yet...but progress is being made i'm certain.
    and yeah. that music is waaay too loud.

this is not kickstarter worthy gameplay footage yet - no amount of video editing is going to change that.
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly to do with everything. I got some good feedback from a friend in that I should simply show game footage and then do voice over to describe what it is we're planning to do with the game.
    I had a few people tell me that the original video was too slow and boring hence the reason I made this version in attempt to make it more action oriented, but I think the reason for the comments against the last version was that its out of context since it was stand alone and the intended use for the video wasn't going to be stand alone it was going to be inserted into the KS video with me describing the game.

I'm going to continue to put things together and I'll post the first version of the KS video once I've got it put together for some further crits.

Thanks!