Home Dota 2

TI4 Workshop Trailer

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
Hey friends,
as some of you know, I'm currently studying at a film university and I got a project coming up where I can create a short animation. Basically I have one week of pre-production from next Monday followed by 2-3 weeks of production. Originally I wanted to do something with SFM to finally make time and get into it, but then I thought - why not kill two birds with one stone? So now the idea is to produce a short story (1:00min to 1:30min) that can also serve as a trailer/hypevideo for the Workshop at TI4. Basically, the idea is to make a short story for the assignment, then add 2-5 shots or so and use that as the trailer. With that in mind, lets get to the meat 'n potatoes.

Story:
We see the Rosh pit area, at night. In the Rosh pit, there's a small hill with something metallic on it reflecting in the moonlight. The silence is broken by two figures that are scurrying through the trees at the river banks, Quirt and Sithil, though we are only able to make out general silhouettes. They are approaching the Rosh pit, slowly, coordinating. When they reach the Rosh pit, there's all kinds of discarded armor strewn about (workshop items, of course) and in the middle of the small hill, the Aegis of champions (the trophy, not the ingame aegis that rosh drops) is sitting in the moonlight. Sithil grabs in and stares at it in admiration. Quirt wants to get a closer look and tries to grab it, but Sithil doesn't wanna give it up. They pull the Aegis back and forth between them and,in the heat of their conflict, don't notice the hill behind them moving. Roshan begins emerging with discarded weaponry/equipment falling off his body. Quirt and Sithil don't notice Rosh until he rears up and lets out a deafening roar upon which they both fall to the ground with the Aegis between them while Rosh's massive shadow falls over them. Rosh rears back to smash Quirt and Sithil into the ground (This is where the uni assignment portion ends) Before Rosh can strike, a projectile hits him, then another and he halts his smashing motion and looks. At the sides of the river, a Radiant and a Dire team have appeared (can be more than 5 heroes as well, all decked out in schweeeeet Workshop stuff of course). After a beat, both teams charge into the river to claim the Aegis with Quirt & Sithil who still have the Aegis caught in the middle between Rosh and the two teams. Just before the two teams clash, we go to - bam - The Workshop: We're badasses! (or something like that :D )

So much for the story, it's by no means set in stone, and I'm a terrible writer so if you got any ideas, lets hear em.

Lets get technical:
Location - I'd aim to rebuild the Rosh pit area new using the better looking SFM tree models for example and changing the layout a bit to make the whole thing feel more cinematic. I think it'll be better to go for a coolness factor than an accurate representation.
Hero Props - The ingame Aegis looks pretty unimpressive so I'd probably need a a more highres version.
Characters - Rosh has a high quality SFM model in the game files. Quirt and Sithil are decent in the game files, though the textures start to fall apart when you get really close and they have no facial flexes which is why I wanna keep them mostly dark-ish and contrast them with the sexy Aegis.
UE0m3Dz.jpg

Style reference:
(credit to Swordzzz and BlueFlyTrap)
XjeItSr.jpg

I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts and input on the whole thing. Good idea, terrible idea, let me know NOW! :D

Replies