Home General Discussion

Lammily: A new type of Doll

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
I thought this might be interesting to some. Its a doll created to mimic more the proportions of a real woman vs something like Barbie. Might be good gifts your daughters/nieces. Hell, I think I might order one just to use as reference. That, and get weird looks from people in the office.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfQu8pq0kok"]Lammily - Average is Beautiful - YouTube[/ame]

https://www.lammily.com/average-is-beautiful

The only problem is her lack of racial variety at this time. Understandable given its a first run.

Replies

• MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
    Politically correct but honestly, boring and uninspired design.

For something anatomically realistic and pro-girl power may I recommend:

0004227_square-enix-play-arts-kai-faora-ul-man-of-steel.jpeg

faora_bg02.jpg

Zod with breather mask on.

man-of-steel-general-zod-play-arts-kai-figure.jpg
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a fashion doll for kids. This isn't a BDSM doll for men.
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary wrote: »
    This is a fashion doll for kids. This isn't a BDSM doll for men.

LOL. Nothing personal, but boring doll looks more like

blow-up-doll.jpg
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I take it you have no nieces or daughters?
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary wrote: »
    I take it you have no nieces or daughters?

:)

My little one's first doll, but Frozen's Anna is fast catching up in popularity.

15634d1295284757-hot-toys-mms-iron-man-2-mark-iv-1mark4sculpt.jpg
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Way to completely derail a thread, MagicSugar.

The doll is a good concept, and I wish it success, though I don't expect it. Mostly because of brand popularity...
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon wrote: »
    Way to completely derail a thread, MagicSugar.

The doll is a good concept,

Serious? I've seen your sexually charged girl art (no complaint from me!) but maybe your design preference doesn't apply with doll designs, which is cool.

Seriously I wasn't even trolling or starting drama, just offering with a counter design related opinion.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Do kids still play with barbie dolls ? I thought every parent just pops a 3d printed stuff from ZBrush nowadays.
  • Dave Jr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
    MagicSugar wrote: »
    Serious? I've seen your sexually charged girl art (no complaint from me!) but maybe your design preference doesn't apply with doll designs, which is cool.

Seriously I wasn't even trolling or starting drama, just offering with a counter design related opinion.

Are you genguinely trying to be a .... No offence, but offhand insults like that do start drama.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    faora_bg02.jpg

The proportions of this are just as far off as the Barbie on the Lammily page. lol

As the father of a beautiful and naturally proportioned 18 yr old daughter I champion initiatives like Lammily. I showed the page to my daughter and she said she'd have loved to have that to dress and play with instead of Brats dolls etc.
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Gmanx wrote: »
    The proportions of this are just as far off as the Barbie on the Lammily page. lol

No they're not.

The doll looks fine I guess. Definitely average. I can't help but feel with that midsection that her arms are still really thin, pretty much same as Barbie's. As a whole looks good, if it's supposed to be a Barbie "averaged" and Barbie's a mother and what have you.

I don't really understand the Barbie hate, though. So far as girl's dolls go, she's far from the worst offender. Too big of a head, long neck, long legs, but those are pretty standard things to exaggerate and other dolls are much worse. I feel like she was chosen as the main comparison for the popularity of the brand and because some of her clothes might actually fit Lammily, which is funny since that wouldn't be the case if she was too far gone. Guess I could be wrong.

Now I wonder if the girls who get this thing will wind up getting in pissing matches with other girls who have Barbies. "Haha, your doll is just AVERAGE and looks ridiculous trying to drive your Barbie cars around!"
  • redhonour
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    redhonour polycounter lvl 8
    I think it's a great idea :)

Visually, I wish it was doing a bit more, but that may just the artist in me talking. If a little girl likes her the way she is, I'm not arguing
  • Chemical Alia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chemical Alia polycounter lvl 7
    Nine-year-old girls really appreciate the value of a well-defined ass crack. I know, because I used to be one. This is amazing.

The doll's a nice idea, I get the idea behind it. I don't remember noticing or caring about body proportions when I was a little kid, but I didn't play with dolls or concern myself with girly things in general. For your typical girl, maybe it's cool, it's just hard for me to say.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Glad to see something like this available for kids. As others have said, it might not be the most "unique" looking doll, but if it betters children then what isn't to like about it?