Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Feedback

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
bobmartien polycounter lvl 11
Hi guys,

I'm a french Junior 3D Environment/Props Artist looking for a job.
So, I have "some free time" and I really want to improve my portfolio/works (more professional looking).

By the way, I'm not sure I will keep the "UDK" Kismet/Material section.

Could you take a look and let me know what you think ?
I'm really open to any feedback (advices/critiques/...).

http://mdehove.fr/

Thanks,
Max

Replies

• JamesMeader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesMeader polycounter lvl 9
    Layout is spot on.

Not too many clicks to get to images. I like how I can see the image at a decent size but if I want a closer inspection I can. Better than thumbnail to shadow box in my opinion.

The work its self is really nice, I particularly like Yeti'n Roll. If i was being really critical I'd say the vital information like what were your jobs ect were in larger text or color just for those that skim read (like me)

Good luck with the job search.
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I'm not an environment artist but here's my 10 cents. I think your website is pretty spot on in terms of design. Very simple navigation and images are nice quality and loaded for me pretty fast. Some of your pieces though just aren't up to par for getting a job. I would say if it's not comparable to the good stuff floating around on the internet, don't put it up...it will only weaken your chances. I would say keep your top 3 and scrap the rest...maybe even just your top 2. Spend some time and make one full env with several props but make it to what you feel is top notch quality you see on the internet. Obviously, it might be tough for you to achieve what some industry rockstars are popping out on AAA games but your stuff shows you have the ability to get close right now...you just need to show it. It depends on what you want to do style wise but to me, your strongest stuff is the cinematic env work you did on the fire and ice project. oh, and get rid of the menu stuff cuz it's not gonna help you in any way if you're trying as a env artist. that first screen with all the characters seems useless as well since you can't see any environments. anyways, hope that helps...
  • JGreentheRookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JGreentheRookie polycounter lvl 10
    There's to much space between your name and the Gallery/Resume header in my opinion.