Home Artists Looking For Work

Paying You for Answers and Help for Cryengine SDK

Sammy101
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Sammy101 polycounter lvl 6
I do not know if this belongs here, but it seems like the only other place. In basic terms I will be paying you for you to answer my questions on Cryengine SDK. It's pretty much that simple; no need for 3d modelling or animating anything, nor texturing or creating sounds. All I ask of you is to be experienced in using Cryengine in build 3.4.0 or higher, and being able to answer my questions on things related to Cryengine.

Some of you will probably think that this is a dumb idea, to pay someone for something you could in the end find out yourself. But some of the answers I look for have not been answered or looked into previously according to Google Search. Some topics are uncovered in the Documentation for Cryengine, or not enough explained.

The basis here in the end, is you do not need to do any 3d related tasks for me. All I ask for is knowledge. So if you are experienced in Cryengine and can explain things to me informatively, then I'll pay you. We would converse through Skype or even something along the lines of Steam. I am wary of emails because of it not being real time. But if it comes down to it, I will accept sending emails back and forth.

As for the price range, I have no idea how much something like this would cost. We can probably work something out though, I'm friendly. Finally, please be sure you are experienced in Cryengine. If you can answer one question that's great. But what about two or five or twenty or fifty in the end? Here's a simple question for you guys;

I get tiling in Cryengine, I check off Tile U and Tile V in the material, so when I drag it on to a designer object (new version of solids) it goes onto it. The only problem it does not stretch onto the entire object, as would a regular picture would in something like Maya or 3DS Max. Instead it is very small and if I put tiling back on it tiles but is small. I have figured out solutions which are far from viable, to either use a mesh from 3ds max with the picture as the material, or to play with the offsets and rotations in Cryengine to fit the picture onto it which is also not viable. Is there another way to just make this easy, or am I going to have to monkey with this crap every time I want a picture/blueprint for Cryengine?

TL;DR: Need someone to help answer questions for Cryengine. You need to be experienced, and informative. Will pay for help.

My skype is david.sominsomin or you can PM me here on Polycount if you have other means of talking. I check PMs often, thanks.