Home General Discussion

Autodesk offers rental-licenses for various products

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
O don't know how new this is, but I recently discovered that autodesk is offering various packages as rental license.

http://www.autodesk.de/buy/rental-plans

I found this very interesting as I'm already happy with the changes that adobe did for theier creative suit and photoshop.

Although I have to say: The pricing is quite steep 245 € / month for Maya 2014 is not cheap. I guess the prices are mainly aimed at companys to support temporarily backing up their art-teams during heavy crunch-times. So I guess it is (not yet) a change into a fully rental system.

At the moment I'd still go for investing one time into the newest version and stick with it for several years.

I think with those rental prices it's not that usefull to rent for longer periods of time. After one year you nearly have spent the money you could invest in a full license.

But anyway. I see this as a step in the right direction

Replies

• BradleyWascher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradleyWascher polycounter lvl 13
    I actually used this monthly rental program from them when I get freelance gigs here and there. It was actually extremely easy and not hard to manage or cancel. They actually are very much in your face about making sure you know when its going to re-new and how to cancel it at that point. The price is a bit step and I would like to see it be closer to the creative cloud model.