Home General Discussion

just cause 2

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
Yesh I have got to 99.26 perecent complete and jeez i can't seem to find anything else now. Anyone got any good strategies for finding the remaining pickups.
I am getting very bored just flying around now on the offchance of finding a single weapons pickup out in the sticks somewhere.
I still have 2 statues to destroy though.

done all the challenges, destroyed all the petrols stations, skulls, black boxes etc

Replies

• Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    lol wow you're crazy, how many hours played?!?!?

you can go to the map and hover over locations to see what % you've completed per location, anything thats not 100% go revisit and find those weapon/vehicle pick ups
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah coots, got a bit invlolved in this game:0
    some stuff is seperate from the locations
    and there is no indication as to where to find them ie I have 100 per cent on all the towns, bases etc

188 hours BTW - not great ,but I was n't using extraction very much for the first half of the game
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    not sure how much more help I'll be, I only got maybe 25% completion before my hard drive failed and I lost my progress. Did you get all the lost faction items: drug drops/skull thing/whatever last one is? Does achievements count towards 100% completion? Like 50 melee kills, all vehicles driven etc?

you're probably in the rare percentage of people that actually have gotten above 99% completion haha so I'm not sure I have any more ideas that you havent thought of or tried yet haha, good luck though! go find those 2 statues
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    One of my favourite games of all time! It's pure candy fun.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    coots, yeah not sure about achievement stuff, but I know I still have a fair bit of stuff to collect/destroy, like 2 more propoganda trailers, those costal radar dishes next to generators, still have about 5 of them to go, lots of boxes to pickup still

It gets a bit frustrating when you spend 1 hour and find only 1 pickup
    I might just fly high up with a jet, wait till its dark - might be able to spot the packages flashing

Adam - I just love this game,rumours of a just cause 3 also
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Aren't most of the pickups on the map by default? Blue dots iirc. Hard enough with them already.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    As far I remember, there was something about not being able to get 100% because some of the things we locked into a mission and if you didn't get them then, you could never get it.

But yeah, I cannot believe how much time I have spent on that game, its on my top 3 of most played games on Steam.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Xoliul - yeah once you you have collected all the 'marked' pickups, there are still 'loads' more to find.
    I suppose It's a case of developing a strategy, ie a drag sweep up and down the map or something
    you can only get to 99.97 or something silly like that,Mcgreed - bit of a bummer really after all the hard work

Oh yeah worst challenge was 'bridge of death', had me tearing my hair out
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    I remember how upgrading the little Pell Silverbolt plane made the challenges with it much harder as it becomes so fast. I just couldn't pilot it under bridges anymore. No way to go back either...
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Xoliul - the way to get around that is to slow your plane down on the tricky bits. The default I think was shift to speed up, ctrl to slow down. I actually reassigned these to my mouse.
    Even then the bridge of death was a real pain
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Have you found any workarounds for the controller lag built in that effects mouse movement? Thats the biggest drawback for this game for me, the PC controls. That said, MP is fun, albeit disorganized. Also they have a firstperson mode in the MP you can enable with /fp its great while your on foot, but sucks in a vehicle.

It also crashes really easy if I have my settings on high (which it should be able to handle).
  • Navi271
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Navi271 polycounter lvl 4
    Check this out:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1300631

If it says 100%, it may not actually be 100% because it rounds up. Also bonus items... I was just discussing this with a friend the other day and found that on the steam forums.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    2014-03-17_00001.jpg

closing in on the 100 percent, oh wait...