Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Extreme weight practice

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Torch interpolator
Hey all, just wanted to get started on a project for the new year - haven't tried sculpting extreme proportions and wanted to give it a shot :)

Still keeping it fairly low Sub D at the moment, working out overall gesture and forms, etc. Comments always welcome!

E0OYrDk.jpg

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    These are just my thoughts, the shoulders look a bit too narrow. Fatter guys typically have decently shaped legs because they carry all that extra weight around. I'm not talking about needing defined muscles, but the flab above the knee, and cankles are a bit much for a character this sized. The knees are too large. The pubic fat pad area is a bit inaccurate and small.

The back folds are a bit over defined, backs on larger guys tend to be very smooth and undetailed, those fat folds on your characters back would really only show up if they had very large man boobs. I feel the back should also be straighter shape wise. You could give him a bit less of a neck, or at least wider. Forearms are way too large, they should be more normal sized, unless you are going for a more body builder look, but everything else says otherwise.

Also keep in mind fat can do completely different things on different bodies, and try to find some good reference.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Hi Zac thank you for that, very good crit! I've been using almost a 'sumo type' body for reference but you're right, some of the proportions need work. I'll work on refining those points now :)
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Take your cell phone over to WalMart. LOTS of reference there...
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Warren - Not a bad idea, shame I don't live in the U.S. :D

Revision 2 - Some proportion tweaks and form changes as well as addressing said issues - Will be refining hands, feet and head once the main areas are solid. I think most of the body will be covered by cloth but its good to learn nonetheless. Must study more anatomy XO

jqZEhXX.jpg
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Clothing blockout, will probably add some accessories and needs more details!

maCDXeh.jpg