Home General Discussion

sci fi environmental concept art recommendations to model?

Hey so for the next couple of months starting from about next month or so, I'm looking to model a game environment based off of some awesome sci fi concept art. Was wondering if anyone could recommend any particular pieces or artists, preferably something that hasn't been done before. I probably shouldn't be so picky, but i'll describe some criteria.

I'm looking for something that could be fit for a mostly top down perspective like in a diablo 3 style type of view. That means I won't be putting too much emphasis on the ceiling. And the following are some general descriptions, but if you do decide to recommend something that doesn't follow any of these, that's totally cool too. Just has to be sci-fi.

Indoor map: a mega gigantic futuristic secret twisted research facility. It has a lot hi tech holding cells for dangerous individuals that are being experimented on unwillingly. Most of the hallways are big enough for small mechs that patrol around.

Outdoor map: an apocalyptic wasteland with scattered ruined hi-tech structures and stations. Possibly an excavation area from long ago that didn't end well. The mini-lakes around the area are contaminated and there are a few plants that grow around that don't look very earth-like.

Outdoor map2: same thing as above, but in a contaminated jungle.

Semi-outdoors: the bottom level of a floating hi tech, but dilapidated mini-city. A dangerous place to walk around. Huge platforms, but some platforms are so damaged that if you step on those, you'll fall off.

Replies