Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Swimming Pool Scene (First Post)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
TheoClarke polycounter lvl 7
Hi,

So this is my first proper post so I thought I'd introduce myself with a Uni project that I'm working on right now. It's a WIP modular swimming pool scene using Maya and UDK. Everything is fairly low poly (sub 500)

I'm very impressed by the work I've seen posted here so far so I'm fully expecting a lot of faults to be pointed out, but I'm okay with that as long as I learn something haha

SwimmingPool.jpg

SwimmingPool2.jpg

SwimmingPool3.jpg

SwimmingPool4.jpg

(Please excuse the whole "attachments instead of images" issue)

Replies

• AgelosAp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    Hey man, I was messing around with your image while waiting a render, so here goes.
    Don't know if you are going for this kinda thing maybe it's a bit cheap spectacle but anyway.
    Other than that you scene looks kinda empty even for abandoned. You should add some garbage or debris and stuff, and props that would be left there(like benches).

h937.jpg

mzu.gif
  • TheoClarke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheoClarke polycounter lvl 7
    Firith wrote: »
    Hey man, I was messing around with your image while waiting a render, so here goes.
    Don't know if you are going for this kinda thing maybe it's a bit cheap spectacle but anyway.
    Other than that you scene looks kinda empty even for abandoned. You should add some garbage or debris and stuff, and props that would be left there(like benches).

Hey, thanks for the reply, I appreciate the feedback. I like what you did with the image, it was my original plan to make the whole scene a lot darker than I did but with it being a Uni project I needed to make my architecture and textures easily visible. I've updated it and tried to give it a desaturated/old photograph kind of look to go with the Cold War kind of setting.

I added fog, changed the lighting up a bit and edited some of the textures. Not had time to make any additional props so far.

SwimmingPoolSub1.jpg

SwimmingPoolSub3.jpg

SwimmingPoolSub5.jpg