Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Survivor – Real Time Maya Viewport

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
leoartz polycounter lvl 11
Hiya, Its been a long time Since any update So let me change that. Here is a character that i just finished working on. Its inspired from The Last of us and lot more survival games :-). There was no particular concept as such. I just designed the character as i went along. Enough Talk!So here are some Maya Viewport Screengrabs ( no post work except for the background )

Render_01_V2.jpg
Render_02_V2.jpg
Render_08.jpg
Render_03_V2.jpg
Render_04.jpg
Render_05.jpg
Render_06.jpg
Render_07.jpg
Tex_Sheet.jpg
The Polycount was a bit heavy that i expected but hey we have arrived at the next gen right :-)
The character with Hair planes are about 26064 Tris
The Bag - 7606 Tris
Gas Mask 10598 Tris
Rest of the Props -8609 Tris
Rifle - 7474 Tris
Anyway here are some wireframes
Render_03_Wire.jpg
Render_04_Wire.jpg
Render_06_WIRE.jpg

Replies

• aferalva6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rally inspiring I am just starting my 3d adventure so I can not tell you what can possible be wrong.
    how the textures sheet works do you have in one sheet the diffuse,normal and Ao altogether??
  • leoartz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you aferalva6, Glad you like the work. the textures i used for this character were separate and i just put them together for presentation purpose. :)
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    the character looks really good but shes too dark, if you up the brightness in photoshop it looks loads better!
  • aferalva6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see.thank you, I was so confuse. I really like a lot I hope more experience people can share their opinions
  • 8keep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is really good. How do you do your texturing? Im trying to learn.Could you do a timelapse or tutorial of making one of your textures?
  • MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    Good job on this, she looks great. Good attention to detail on her finger nails too. Also, try darkening your background on all the images to a dark grayish color instead of light gray. Right the light gray is making hard to read the model.
  • leoartz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you MrHobo :) I did try darker background initially but was a bit more difficult to read and didnt work particularly well on full frame shots. her shirt is already kind of dirty /grungy and kind of didnt stand out on a darker background. It worked well with close up shots but i wanted to maintain a background consistency. hence went ahead with a lighter one. :-) may be i could have darkened it a pinch you never know :poly141:
  • Jorvid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your design is fantastic. She fits perfectly with Naughty Dog's style, and I'm really impressed with the smaller details.

Idk if you're looking for critiques, but her face looks too healthy and round. Her body looks like she has been fighting off clickers for months, but other than some grim and cuts, her face is rather pristine. I would imagine that post apocalyptic survival is pretty fucking brutal, so she'd be sleep deprived, stressed, and underfed.
    I saw this article a while back on solider portraits. It really amazing how much our faces change when put through stress like that.
  • Kridian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kridian polycounter lvl 14
    Jorvid wrote: »
    Idk if you're looking for critiques, but her face looks too healthy and round.
    Hey, she's been eating a fair share of potatoes from her garden (well hidden*). :poly121:
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Great model man!
  • leoartz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you all, and @Jorvid, Thats a great point. Shall keep that in mind for my future characters. Thank you :)

here are some zbrush screens :
    Zsculpt_01.jpg

Zsculpt_02.jpg
    Zsculpt_03.jpg

Zsculpt_04.jpg

Zsculpt_05.jpg
  • beefaroni
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beefaroni sublime tool
    The Zbrush sculpts look great.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your baking process for the shoes? The reason I ask is that floating laces gave me a huge problem when projecting to a low res mesh in Zbrush.
  • DougClayton4231
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DougClayton4231 polycounter lvl 3
    Love the work, and dem sneakers :3
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Really like this and some fantastic sculpting. I think it's just the texturing that is holding it back a bit. If you look at it in greyscale it all bleeds together. I think if you adjust the values of different segments it will help seperate the elements and make the whole thing pop more.

Here's a comparison of original (bottom) and modified (top) where the skin levels back been adjust and the saturation reduced slightly. I personally like to view the model like this in greyscale, adjust the values accordingly then bring the colour back and adjust the saturation to rebalance.

Hope this is useful.

s7qm.jpg
  • leoartz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Mongrelman for taking time for the image :-)Glad you like the sculpts Agree with the values of the image. Iam planning to re render her in marmoset 2.0 next week and shall take these points in mind while i do that . Thank you :)
  • leoartz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loving the new Marmoset toolbag :-)
    leoartz-survivor.jpg

555_max.jpg

The render might a pinch dark. Just getting used to the srgb thing in the tool and also it was midnight:).Shall post a brighter when i do a truntable. Couldnt resist to post the results so far anyway :poly136: