Home General Discussion

Quotes

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
Some of us have had the chance to learn from some really great mentors. They say things to us that sometimes slap us upside the head and other times go completely over it. I figured I would share some that I thought were really profound and maybe spread some thoughts and knowledge all while building a nice list (mostly relevant to growing as a person/artist which includes success, failure, and motivation).

Here is a slew to get things rolling...

All those blindly praising or telling you to stay the course are either unable to help you or they subconsciously want you to fail. - Chris Holden

"Roads? Where we are going, we don't need roads!" - Dr. Emmet Brown

Everything is interesting if you go into it deeply enough. - Richard Feynman

Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in the next ten seconds. See the world. - Ray Bradbury

"As you think, so shall you become." - Bruce Lee

"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done." - Bruce Lee

"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

"You must unlearn what you have learned." - Yoda

"You think Yoda stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear? A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill."- Yoda

"I can, therefore I am." - Simone Weil

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the steps." - Confucius

"If I'd observed the rules, I'd never have gotten anywhere." - Marilyn Monroe

"There is no substitute for hard work." - Thomas Edison

"To have a great idea, have a lot of them." - Thomas Edison

"Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits." - Thomas Edison

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

"Focus is a matter of deciding what things you're not going to do." - John Carmack

"If everyone is thinking alike then somebody isn't thinking." - George Patton

"Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things." - Peter Drucker

Replies