Home Technical Talk

n/a

sargentcrunch
polycounter lvl 10

Replies

• PaulW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    About the Scale problem, "reset xForm" should do the trick.
  • Ghogiel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel greentooth
    Surface types are usually assigned to mat IDs that are physicalized. Most meshes assigned that matID will be physics proxy meshes or render meshes that are going to be their own physics proxy and don't have a separate one, ie again physicalized.

So you may end up with 3 proxy sub mats.

Be aware that while you can physicalize render geometry, just tick the physicalize box and any geo that is assigned that matid will be a physics mesh once exported> You can use Qskope to look inside CGF files and see that it actually creates a whole separate array of vertices anyway, basically a duplicate of the render geo, as a separate chunk/node. So you are still in effect having the exporter is making it's own physics proxy, and even though it does cut down on total matIDs, I doubt that is worth much in performance as separate proxy mats usually just have no draw materials anyway. Especially if the render geo you are physicalizing will have even like 1 more vert than a separate proxy mesh would < please correct me if I am wrong on the cgfs internal structure as it's been a while since I really experimented with that and would like a second opinion on this part of the workflow myself :poly142:.

I don't think there is a way around it, you might end up with a proxy that has 3 matids of it's own or some mixture of physicalizing render matIDs and using the render geo as it's own physics mesh and separate physics meshes, a proxy might look something like this in the end>

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/other/physicsproxytest.jpg