Home Technical Talk

Trying to get back in max was in zbrush too long

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
nufftalon polycounter lvl 11
I have not modeled much this year. I am trying to change that so I don't end up a zbrush hobbyist. I was wondering if I am going about this correctly for the supporting edges. In the corner I am getting this weird pinching it seems.

bW1Uyo4.jpg
8WbnGzX.jpg

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Need a closer view of the corner wireframe. Also check if there are unwelded vertices there.
  • Mik2121
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mik2121 polycounter lvl 9
    It completely depends on the scale of your model, but it seems like your edges might be too close to each other. Also, you might want to explain what those edges going diagonal are :P Oh, and when you do TurboSmooth to something with so few edges, it tends to look a bit weird on the corners, so you can give it a Turbosmooth with 2 or 3 iterations to make it look sharper.
  • nufftalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am basically making a hi poly grandfather clock and this is the base. I might be acting to anal about my smoothing I just want to avoid errors in baking down the road. All my verts are welded properly there are no strays and yes I have upped my turbosmooth to 2. I am using direct x in the viewport as well. I basically want to be able to work efficiently. Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.

Heres a close up
    nuuYXJ1.jpg

Here is the base
    eRSGGII.jpg

So I'm trying to differentiate whether this is viewport error or a mesh error on my part. I want to become a really good modeler and use zbrush less and focus more on technical and actually completing a project.
  • Ghogiel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghogiel greentooth
    try this on inside corners

Corneredgeflowloops.jpg

but as mentioned, you probably could do with another subd level on there and even loosen up those edges a little.
  • nufftalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you will give it a go