Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Sci-Fi Research Facility

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
3DKyle interpolator
Hey guys, this is my first post on here (well thread if we want to get technical) anyway I am a student at Derby University doing Computer Games Modelling and animation. Currently working on a Sci-Fi Research Facility for a assignment.

Anyway I thought I will keep people posted on it because I would like to get feedback because to be honest I don't feel I am great and you guys feedback should make me get better :)

Anyway the scene is just a block out at the moment, however I have entered the blockout stage. This is my first ever environment so I hope it turns out well.

Here is a wall I did today to try and improve my skills in texture art.

tumblr_mvi5cscaaK1rgvirvo1_1280.png

Replies

• 3DKyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DKyle interpolator
    Thought I will show an update of how my level is going. This is my first big environment inside of UDK and I am pretty much at the moment got everyone on one texture sheet. (You might notice a few UDK stuff but my lecture said I needed to and deadlines are creeping up) also some bolts are very large I know about that and plan to change it soon.

Anyway it would be great to know what people think of my first scene. Enjoy the images. The last image is very WIP at the moment.

tumblr_mxcsvjowTG1rgvirvo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxcsvjowTG1rgvirvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxcsvjowTG1rgvirvo3_1280.jpg
  • Vincent_DEROZIER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vincent_DEROZIER greentooth
    May be it's a little bit early to give feedback but in my opinion your level is maybe a little bit too big. Especially if you did it to improve yoour skill on textures.
    Anyway, I think you will have to pay attention to your proportions and designs. Even if it is a futurist Level it have to be credible. A good question which could help you is "what is the fonction of this room and what does it need to work ? Props, windows, walls, materials, door, lighting. Everything have a reason to exist and you have to find the response of all this answer to create a good environement.
    If you don't understand what I'm talking about, read the Helder Pinto's topic and enjoy :) .

I hope it help.