Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anatomy Studies- Jayel Laygo

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
alphajayel polycounter lvl 6
I thought it might be a good idea to share my progress in anatomy here. :)

Feel free to comment/critique! your feedback is always welcome! :)

Male Head Sculpt

(WIP) I called it done but after a day I started noticing things I still want to change so I'll work on it some more.

Head_95.jpg

Male Full Body Sculpt

(WIP) I'm still struggling with the placement of muscles and the balance in forms and proportion.

wip.jpg

Replies

• LordSebbington
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordSebbington polycounter lvl 6
    I'm not necessarily the best person to give anatomy advice but the definition looks a little strong here:

8g22y7C.jpg

Awesome work, and hell, I wish I looked like that.
  • chudork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chudork polycounter lvl 8
    teach me master! :D
  • Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    the eyes on the head are way too large.
    also some parts on your body are way too defined, while others that should be defined show no definition.

i suggest you take a look at human fat deposit locations. for example the the line between the gluteus and the external oblique (where they attach to the ilium) is almost never visible because its filled with fat.

also there is no separation between triceps and brachialis, but the brachoradialis attaches between the triceps and the brachialis, and not infront of them like in your sculpt.

your ribcage is just a flat smooth surface, but there should be atleast a little suggestion of the ribs, and with a muscular guy like this also the serratus anterior.

the rectus abdominus could also use some more work. i suggest breaking the symmetry, perfectly mirrored 6-packs are very hard to get to look natural.
  • alphajayel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not necessarily the best person to give anatomy advice but the definition looks a little strong here:

8g22y7C.jpg

Awesome work, and hell, I wish I looked like that.

Noted sir! Thanks! :)
  • alphajayel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy wrote: »
    the eyes on the head are way too large.
    also some parts on your body are way too defined, while others that should be defined show no definition.

i suggest you take a look at human fat deposit locations. for example the the line between the gluteus and the external oblique (where they attach to the ilium) is almost never visible because its filled with fat.

also there is no separation between triceps and brachialis, but the brachoradialis attaches between the triceps and the brachialis, and not infront of them like in your sculpt.

your ribcage is just a flat smooth surface, but there should be atleast a little suggestion of the ribs, and with a muscular guy like this also the serratus anterior.

the rectus abdominus could also use some more work. i suggest breaking the symmetry, perfectly mirrored 6-packs are very hard to get to look natural.

The guy in my reference has eyes that look large because of their shape. Now that you mentioned it, they do look large when I checked it again.

Thanks for pointing out the brachialis and brachoradialis. I find myself always getting confused with their correct placement even though I'm already using references. I'll get back to that on the sculpt later.

This guy is still a wip and I haven't refined the ribcage area yet and I was thinking of breaking the symmetry on those abs after I've nailed down the correct placement of the muscles.
    I'll post new screenshots later addressing those things you mentioned.

Thank you so much on your feedback sir! :)
  • alphajayel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chudork wrote: »
    teach me master! :D

Thanks! and sorry but I'm no master. :D