Home General Discussion

Free copy of Civilization 5 or Mafia 2 PC

NegevPro
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
I'm not sure if this would count as spam or not, but seeing how it's just a free limited time promotion I don't think it is.

Anyway, green man gaming is running a promotion with CVG and 2K in which one simply has to vote for their favorite games in the golden joystick awards. People who vote are allowed to choose between a free steam key for Civ 5 or a free steam key for Mafia 2.

Here's the link: https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/

Once you finish voting and register an account it'll probably tell you that you haven't voted. Just wait a few hours, it took 12 hours to go through for me but I got my game.

On a related note, it was pretty difficult picking GOTY.

Replies

• ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Cool!

Civ 5 is awesome. Bet the key is just the basic game and not Gold though.
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    It's confusing the way it's setup, after you vote you get an email saying "Click here for your free game!" then it says, oops looks like you haven't voted yet.

Am I supposed to wait 24 hours and then click on the link, or wait for an email? Don't get it.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Yeah it's just the basic game. Personally I've never played a Civ game before so I figured why not. Looks pretty cool though, I'll try to check it out after school/work.

@Fuiosg Once you vote and click the e-mail it'll take you that "Oops you haven't voted screen" like you described. Wait between 6 - 24 hours then go back to that screen and it will change to something like "Thanks for voting, click here to receive your key through e-mail with activation instructions."

Personally, I had to wait 12 hours to get to that screen, others waited 6.
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    cool, thanks for the heads up!
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    NegevPro wrote: »
    @Fuiosg Once you vote and click the e-mail it'll take you that "Oops you haven't voted screen" like you described. Wait between 6 - 24 hours then go back to that screen and it will change to something like "Thanks for voting, click here to receive your key through e-mail with activation instructions."

Cool, thanks for the tip. Guess i'll finally have to see what these civ games are about.