Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

PPSH-41

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Fwap polycounter lvl 13
Hey guys, Thought i would tackle a gun to get my hard surface skill up to scratch.

1u6x.png
Still refining the HP, might re-visit the stock because it doesn't quite feel right.
C&C welcome

Replies

• Fwap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    zdah.png
    Still plodding along.
  • Anthy9986
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthy9986 polycounter lvl 7
    Looking nice so far. The edges on the magazine might be a little hard and thus not transfer very well to the low poly. The barrel might also be a little too square and the sights a little large.
    I am not a gun guy so disregard what I said if I am wrong. I am going just based on some quick googlin.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    That looks really nice so far. If you don't mind a noob asking, how did you get the holes done so nicely? I've always had trouble making clean holes so I try to just avoid them whenever possible but you seem to be a master at it.
  • Fwap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    @NegavPeo - I've never tackled a gun before, so a lot of the holes was trial and error, slowly but surely manipulating the low poly until it looked right in the HP.
    Best i can do is show you my wires and you can see for yourself. i94a.png
    The end hole which i assume is for the muzzle flash needs do be re-worked IMO so disregard that section.

@Anthy9986 - Thanks for the crits,I apreciate it man I'll defiantly keep it in mind
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Your proportions seem off in general, The back part of the reciever looks to small , the magazine is very thin and looks like it would hold 9mm bullets , the trigger guard seems really large, but its best you search for some perfect side views and compare for yourself
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the wireframe, I have to go experiment to test this for myself now haha.
  • Fwap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    Shrike wrote: »
    Your proportions seem off in general, The back part of the reciever looks to small , the magazine is very thin and looks like it would hold 9mm bullets , the trigger guard seems really large, but its best you search for some perfect side views and compare for yourself

Here is a pic of the ref I'm using inside of max, with some of the changes you mentioned. Let me know if i'm any closer ;)

ot3w.png

Might end up re-modeling the magazine though, got some pretty ugly edge loops in there, and it will be quicker to just do it again than to retopo it.