Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I need help urgently!!

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
Hi polycount! A friend of mine, seriously it is not me, its my friend, is having trouble with some models in UDK and im helping him with it. This is what im talking about:

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

What is causing this to happen? How can we solve it? This is not happening in 3ds max.

Thanks!

Replies

• Javibcln
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just realized that pimping and previews was not the correct forum for this post... Im really sorry about it but i dont know how to delete a post. :)
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    I'm sure a mod can move this to Technical Talk. I can also tell you that you'll probably need to tell us more info, and probably a screenshot of what the model looks like in Max before import.
  • Logithx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Logithx polycounter lvl 5
    It's probably because of really messy geometry with lots of n-gons (polygons with more than 4 vertices) and/or messed up UV's / smoothing groups. Post some wifeframe pics and show the UV layout.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sometimes if you have a really high triangle count this will happen.

I think its if a single mesh is over 64k tris or something like that.
  • imb3nt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imb3nt polycounter lvl 14
    Yeah, Unity is the same way. If a mesh is brought in over 65k verts, it'll try to divide the mesh up itself to keep it below that number. On a triangulated mesh there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how it splits it up either.

Posting a picture of the model with wireframe from the modeling program would help nail down the problem though.
  • Javibcln
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks people! the problem has been already solved, my friend was importing all meshes with more than 64k vertex so strange stuff was happening there, but that is solved! thanks again for the help!