Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Retro-futurist gun!

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
Hi people! I´ve been working on this gun for a few days, and I wanted you to see it :)

NEWEST STUFF:

37i4.jpg

Old textures:

ln22.jpg

9rh2.jpg

b3dy.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Replies

• WadeWT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WadeWT polycounter lvl 6
    I like the contrast on the handle, although I'm not sure what material it's meant to be, is it a ceramic grip/trigger guard? more attention should be paid to where scratches are, right now there's big vertical scratches running along the chamber and it doesn't look quite natural, they should stop at the recesses. If more wear was put on the edges instead of the surfaces I think this could look a lot nicer. Cool design, just add some more thought out wear to it and I think it'll be ace.
  • Javibcln
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
    I remade the whole texture, there was something in the old one that I dindt like and I dont know what it is. Here is the new gun:

37i4.jpg

4qmz.jpg

0ia6.jpg

y3y0.jpg
  • ceriux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceriux polycounter lvl 10
    the wood looks too light imo, maybe saturate it a little bit more.
  • CarlK3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CarlK3D polycounter lvl 7
    The 2nd Picture looks the best to me. goes better with the design, appears more Sci-Fi.

However 8,400 Tris seems like alot for a Pistol. the main areas I notice that could really be cut down are the Trigger & Handle. Any Edge that doesn't contribute to the overall shape or silhouette shouldn't be there. assuming this would be a game piece