Home General Discussion

Polycount.com issue

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Visum polycounter lvl 7
Not sure where to post this but whenever I log in to the home page pretty much every time I see as I'm logged in as somebody else.
When I go to forums I get back to my username.

Hopefully somebody can fix this.

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    It's just a display error rather than actually being logged in as someone else. It frequently happens when you haven't logged in under your own name. You can safely just ignore it.

We did used to have a thread stickied covering this issue, but it seems to have gotten unstickied somewhere along the line. Might be worth someone replacing it. Failing that, perhaps someone could look into fixing the thing.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, Jackablade is right, its a display bug. If you are actually logged in and click on UserCP it will take you to your actual control page. From what I remember it wasn't an easy bug to fix because of the way the different sites integrate into each other and the measures they've had to take, to control spam bots. I know its on the list of things to eradicate when the site gets overhauled, so... sometime it will be fixed for now just try to ignore it the best you can.