Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2K13 Chainsaw

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
Hi polycount!
I´ve been modelling a kind of sci-fi terror style chainsaw these days, and I wanted to share it with you!

l50f.jpg

f8cq.jpg

00q2.jpg

Let me know what you think about it!

Replies

• Sotojose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Absolutely awesomeee!
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    Looks nice man. Not sure about the metals, they look a bit too grungy to my taste.

Also something weird seems to be going on with the seams of the big red cylinder. There seem to be AO/darkening going on on the edges of it, Which I dont think should be there. I'd expect some chipped painted metal parts there.

Also the edges are very sharp overall. Having some decent sized bevels would allow your model to catch some nice highlights.
  • Javibcln
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
    @Sotojose thanks man! I really appreciate your comment!
    @bbo0x Thanks for the feedback mate! you are completely right about the seams thing, I could say that i forgot about it, but the real fact is that I didnt even realized about it... The metal thing you are saying its because the metals on the back and on the handle are galvanized(a kind of metal), I just thought it could be cool, so i made it like that... I hope you see it after the explanation :)
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    Hey man, yeah I figured as much. I still think it looks a bit too noisy.

Imo its a scale issue, if you'd increase the size of the "flakes" it would look a bit more believable to me.