Home General Discussion

Last Knight released!

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Davision3D polycounter
My game Last Knight is finally released today for PC and Mac!

I showed a lot of it in the WAYWO over the years. Almost 3 years is it now that I have worked on and off on it!

Its basically platforming, action packed riding and ragdoll physics driven jousting made with the UDK. The overall tone of the game is pretty wacky cartoony but it should appeal to gamers of all age.

Here is the launch trailer which I cooked up through last night:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkZJ416A9EE"]Last Knight Launch Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
It got a bit long because I had no real plan for it so I just tried to put in a bit of everything. While doing some research I noticed that Launch Trailers are often just cutscenes and CGI. I tried to show a lot of gameplay with a cinematic cam here.

My Shaders got a really crazy btw. I ended up using lots of switches so I could maintain master materials, without reaching the max, while doing deforming of the world with the mutators. There are also lots of shader instructions for the dynamic weather system and the recently added deforming through collision.

The game is available over the website: www.lastknightthegame.com via itch.io and over Desura. Amazon.com and Green Man Coming will follow the next days.

Replies