Home Technical Talk

landscape painting & perspective

Zocky
greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Zocky greentooth
Ok so i'm quite noob at painting. and i was doing some 1, 2 and 3 point perspective study, but i always have problems when it comes to landscapes. Like, the i paint river on landscape, but it kinda looks fish eye-ish, because of bad perspective, and i just don't know how to approach it.

I mean, it's one thing with things like boxes, houses, even humans, that can be broker farther into simple shapes and i could maybe draw those in proper perspective, but landscapes are just way to organic and wild, so how do i go about properly painting them? Are there any hints that can help you, or is it just a thing you have just get a feeling for it?

So, examples of some landscapes that give me problems:
fantasy_hills_by_anmazol-d5v6h2i.jpg
640x459_16737_Hells_mouth_2d_fantasy_landscape_moonlight_mood_mood_painting_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Ok here are my two best tries at landscape:
mvmeziL.jpg
2uQqaub.jpg

SO, anyone can give me any hints on this topic by any chance?

Tnx!

Cheers,
Zocky

Replies

• Zocky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zocky greentooth
    Tnx!

Yeah i looked at some of those, but as i mentioned, those seems to cover more technical stuff, but something so chaotic as landscapes (especially ones with lots of hills and stuff), is much harder for me and even after watching those tuts, they didn't really help me all that much......Well, still tnx, maybe i'll need to look at them again...