Home General Discussion

Thank you polycount!!

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
Hey guys

This one has been in the making for a long time but i feel that the time is appropriate since the memory is still fresh

For the last few months I've been interviewing with a big game studio in Irvine for a job as a character artist. After they saw my work on polycount i was contacted and asked to do an arttest, after that some long distance interviews and lastly this very last weekend they flew me over from Belgium to Irvine for an on location interview.
This was by far the most rewarding experience I've ever had as an artist and it felt as if the work I've been putting into becoming a better artist for the last couple of years is finally starting to pay of.

A lot of this i have polycount to thank for, i joined in 2008 after my friend jerry introduced me to the forums. I had visited pc before when all of the quake models were up but i only got introduced to the forums lateron.

It was by starting to post here that i found a real goal to work towards to and people to look up to while trying to improve myself as an artist.
The members, the wiki, the contests and just everything about pc makes it a great community to be involved in and you have a sense that you're progressing together aside of others.

So here it goes, thank you polycount, thank you to those who make sure that the forum stays online year after year, those who set up the contests, those who take the time to make the wiki grow each and every day, those who who feed the mainpage with eyecandy, those who take the time to give critiques to everyone and just thank you to each and every member on pc for being awesome and inspiring me to push forward.

No matter what the outcome of the interview i just wanted to put this here since it felt like the perfect time to do so.

Replies