Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3d Fan Art Challenge (facebook)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
Still got a lot to do but thought I'd share my progress.523422_10151842323415962_148461596_n.jpg

Replies

• Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's my final comp for the 3d Fan Art. It was a lot of fun! Cheers and good luck to all that participated.beautyrender_by_dimfist-d6k8fcj.jpg
  • Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is it that bad? :( I would prefer to get ripped apart so I know where to improve but I haven't gotten one hit in any of the posts I've done since I started back.
    Either way cheers and keep up the great works.
  • MrJohan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrJohan polycounter lvl 4
    It's looking good :thumbup:
  • jfeez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfeez polycounter lvl 8
    I wouldn't worry about people not responding straight away, it would have been nice to see a little bit more, like the sculpt before you posed it and a few more angles as it is quite hard to see what is going on with the anatomy from this angle.

A few things I can see that need some work, generally overall it seems like you know where the muscles are but not really their insertion points and how the skin rests on top of them. You also should look more at forms the muscles create when posed(and some posing in general), having the arms back like that would create a lot more form in, the scaps/trap area; also to move the arms like that the clavicles would have to move back where as they seem to still be in neutral pose. The pose would also look more dramatic if his legs where spread wider with the hips lowered, also have one foot slightly in front of the other would be cool (break up the pose since it looks really symmetrical atm) Also keep his feet planted and not clipping, it makes it look like he is falling forward =)

Hopefully thats enough to get you started on things to look at =)
  • Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jfeez, thanks so much. I see what you mean with the clavicles. I have to admit that his pose was a pain for me to try and get right. I could not find any proper reference because this is basically an impossible yoga master pose.
    As far as the foot clipping, it is just the angle of the shot. A piece of the ground is lifted is cracked and lifted but I see the error of that placement.
    I think all your points are valid and I will try to figure out the insertion points *I think you mean how the muscles overlap each other?
    Cheers!
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    I think I would work on your diffuse and material definition more. His skin is looking like waxy chocolate and it looks like he's standing on crackers. Overall I like it, you can tell who he is and I know that's his move, just think you could have pushed it more. He is known for being a stretchy young man too... Also, that blurred background image isn't really helping, maybe this would have benefited from being baked down and tossed in an engine? Keep it up