Home› Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - EVO: Search for Eden

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Grindy polycounter lvl 10
Okay, I got super excited when I read what the challenge was about. This is going to be super fun!

First step so far has been to pick the game I wanted to create an entry from. My first idea was to do something related to EVO: Search for Eden on the SNES, but still I kept on thinking and ended up with a shortlist consisting of Starfox 64, Harvest Moon 64 and EVO. I ultimately settled for EVO as it really is a game that marked my childhood and it probably is one of my favorite games of all time.

I went running outside and it hit me that I could do a nice diorama of the dino era of the game. Somewhere in between the desert where you fight the bees and when the meteors start raining on Earth. As I came back home, I got my marker out and sketched out my concept. Here it is:

l82gliQ.jpg

Volcano as a center piece, I plan on modelling the smoke that's coming out of it. Couple of meteors that are inbound. I'll add some dinosaurs, a T-Rex, a Stego and what would be the player's dino on the other side near the piece of meat to the left. There will be four "areas" around the volcano, the bees' desert on the side that's not visible in the drawing, the red canyon enviro, the stego's area with some plants and a cave and rocks.

When I started coloring the drawing it hit me that I should invert some things, like the stego's enviro should be that color but have the trees that I've put near the T-Rex and the ramp that's there should be on the red canyon enviro instead. Small mistakes that I'll fix when I start modelling it. I think I'll try to add a lava flow that runs just behind the cave, I'll have to see about this anyways.

Good luck to everyone! :)

~~~~~ Latest update ~~~~

[SKETCHFAB]db035a3a09124e508ac641ef7c3ee129[/SKETCHFAB]

6C2mXwC.jpg

joexScA.jpg

G7AeD6E.jpg

LTFdjeq.jpg

Replies