Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Are any of these worth developing ...Thanks

poopsterspappy
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
poopsterspappy polycounter lvl 7
Hey all,

Was just wondering if you think any of these are worth developing or should I just keep on sketching? Thanks:)

mnGiArG.jpg?3

8RA8i1L.jpg?5

AX2bKpG.jpg

0ilBYQ6.jpg

Replies

• theDEAD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man!

Cool sketches, I really like the first two. I think its really good to bust out tons and tons of sketches. But every now and again you should see one through to the finish.

I think they're really cool! If you're not feelin' the sketches then keep doing more, till one really inspires you, then see it through to finish.

Either way you decide, keep it up man! :D
  • Clark Coots
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    developing as a rendered 2D image or develop in 3D?

I like the 2nd and last image. Though the last image i have no idea what it is just has some interesting silhouettes.
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Hey dude :)

First of all, I like them all. The character has a bio-mechanical Harley Quinn feel to it. My favourite image, and the one i personally would have fun developing is definitely the last one.

At first glance it kinda makes me think of some kind of epic cloud base, maybe a port for ships and cargo. You have some good values down already and i think that pushing that image will definitely strengthen your core skills in 2D environment art. Then again that could be said about either one, as they're all pretty sweet...

All the best with it dude. I look forward to seeing your developments! :)
  • looprix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looprix polycounter lvl 8
    i like the env skt #2 and the character. First I think they need more information before you start modeling. If you are stuck gather a bunch of ref photos. Maybe even use the photos in your concept art
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    I really like the first one, has a nice sense of scale to it...I get a floating aircraft hanger kind of vibe from it...see thru floors and all that :D
  • poopsterspappy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopsterspappy polycounter lvl 7
    I really appreciate the feedback. I think I'm just going to develop em all...LOL and keep o sketching.

@LankusMaximus. Hey :) I hope your doing well my friend in life and work . I went through a terrible burnout period. Quite scary actually..thought I was done. I've gone through em before but this one was BAD. Anyhow good to hear from you. All the best

Regards All
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Ahh man. I get you. Had a few myself... :(

Well I'm happy to hear your back! and in good form too...

I look forward to seeing them all progress dude. Things have been a bit slow with me too. Other aspects of life bleeding over into the time i allocated for my art work. Bit lame, but i seem to be making time now. Trying to push forward with this month's Noob challenge. Hopefully see you on one of the upcoming month's :)

Keep me posted sir. All the best :)
  • Benton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like them all, I want to see you do all of them.

But if I had to choose, I would pick the last two.