Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female body practice (NSFW)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
EmAr polycounter lvl 18
I've been working on this lady lately. Hands and feet are WIP but I think it's a good time to ask for C&C. I've been sculpting in 3D Coat since the beginning. I'll probably throw her into Mudbox after all the major features are done for adding smaller details etc.

This is for a personal project BTW. It will be an underwater scene.

uzxs.jpg

vf7p.jpg

Thanks for looking :icon60:

Replies

• EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Some updates on the face, belly and hand areas:

a3je.jpg
  • Krizalide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the body in general looks really good to me.

The breast don't look natural because of the pinch all around it, could be softer in my opinion. The head needs work, and the hair make it look even bigger. Don't know if it's just the face proportion that makes it look like that but there's something to work on there.

I really like the belly / hips though :D really sexy, and the hands as well.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks a lot Krizalide! Here's a face update. I think I'll go back to the eye region after a short while.

w5g2.jpg
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Hey man good intiative on this.

It looks to me that you are really good at copying details, but you are struggling with some of the major, forms especially on the shoulders.

I'm not sure this will help but this is how i break up the forms of the shoulders, it may help a bit.

I feel your head is actually a bit small as well, and the face is actually too small on the head itself.

Keep going!

lp30z.jpg
    I do have to be mean about the hair and say that it currently looks terrible compared to the rest of the model lol.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    No problem about being mean, thanks for the great feedback Muzz! I scaled up the head, then the eyeballs turned out to be a little too large so I adjusted the eye region too. Also, many updates here and there including the shoulders.

fnvb.jpg

And some shots without the terrible hair :)

edwh.jpg
  • WDewel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WDewel polycounter lvl 7
    Her jawbone, cheek bone, and neck areas look like they need some love. They are a little masculine or have a little too much chub compared to the rest of her; she's entering saggy jowel territory. She also looks like she has quite an overbite, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not. Just my .02! Her tummy is super cute. Keep up the hard work. :)
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks Whitney :icon60:

New hair(still place holder though) and updated lips, jaw line, nose, eyes, shoulders(will work more on these):

rns7.jpg
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Narrower head and face, some other small updates:

qm8v.jpg

pf69.jpg

EDIT: I'm not sure but the head may still be a little too small. I'll work on it.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    After many reference images and lots of tweaking... I hope it's somewhat better:

z7z3.jpg
  • Hattori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The head and neck looks too small to me. Otherwise it's coming along nice so far :)