Home General Discussion

Monsters University

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
Anyone see it yet? Saw it today with some friends and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely glad that they decided to go back into the Monster world and flesh it out a little more. Very enjoyable and fun. And DAMN, the short before the movie? Amazing rendering, photoreal pretty much, its always nice to see Pixar push themselves

Replies

• Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    No but really want to see it, loved the original Monsters so I'm sure this is going to be a blast :D
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    I saw it last night with my wife. We loved it! I feel like disney keeps making pixar do things they wouldn't have chosen to do on their own but they commit to doing such a great job with the things they have to make.

Pixar's sense of timing always amazes me. The people who watched toy story 1 when they were kids are now old enough to remember their college experiences with enough nostalgia to make this film work really well. (Similiar to how toy story 3 made me tear up at the end because I remembered what it was like to leave my toys at home and go off to college, even though I hadn't played with them in years.)

all around it was a great film.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Did anyone see it in 3D? I really want to see it in 3D and was wondering how it was?
  • thepapercut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto wrote: »
    Anyone see it yet? Saw it today with some friends and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely glad that they decided to go back into the Monster world and flesh it out a little more. Very enjoyable and fun. And DAMN, the short before the movie? Amazing rendering, photoreal pretty much, its always nice to see Pixar push themselves

I was just gonna ask how good the blue umbrella short was before MU, looks like I have my answer.
  • Jonathan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The rendering quality of the short before the actual movie was superb.

The movie itself was quite cool. It'd be nice to see a sequel to the original now. :)
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Disney hates us, so we're not getting it for another 3 weeks. This is better than most caes though, we usually have to wait 6 months.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Its awesome. Just came from the movie theatre and it was great. loved both the movie and the short. They just know how to impress me tech wise, story wise, and art wise.
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    I really enjoyed it. Took my 4 year old and he loved it as well. It had different jokes that worked for both of us. And the story was pretty great.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As great as it was, I think I'm going to refrain from seeing more 'kids' movies in theaters during the day and opt for late showings. The number of loud, obnoxious kids and oblivious parents is too much for me
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry about those kids enjoying a kids movie.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't mean to turn this off-topic but running around the theater screaming is not enjoying a movie
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well that I would agree with! I usually give kids lots of leeway for laughing, talking (quietly), etc during kids movies. But running and screaming is crappers.

Side story but when I saw Speed Racer years ago during the final race scene this excited kid jumped up in the middle of the isle and screamed "YES!!!" with both arms straight up. One of my favorite movie going moments ever.