Home Technical Talk

Maya - Vertex Color mutliply mode?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
Hey Guys, So basically I am looking for a way to paint vertex colours in Maya with the brush set to something similar to multiply.

Reason I need/want this is because I baked AO to vertex colours, but I want to colourize the AO a bit, add a bit of colour variation and what not.

In the brush settings you can choose to add colour, subtract, replace, etc., but there isn't a way to actually use multiply.

If anyone knows of a workaround or a script or whatever.. please share. =]
I would use the option to transfer vertex colours to a map, but for some reason the export button in the paint vertex colour tool is greyed out. Not that I could use it anyway since the uvs are optimized for tiling textures.. so there is allot of overlay and what not.

Thanks

Replies

• Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    There is a multiply mode and also vertex sets that can do that.
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks for the help man.

Am I missing something? I cant seem to locate the multiply mode in the "paint vertex color tool" settings.

Also I think I got it working with the colour sets.
    Just to get things straight, you bake the AO's in 1 set, make a new colour set and paint your colours. Then you merge them with the multiply selected from the drop down menu, right?

Is it not possible to preview the "multiply layer" in realtime?
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    In the Color tab look for "Material Blend Setting", and maybe the "Color Material Channel" also to preview the vertex colors being multiplied.