Home General Discussion

Free landscaping thanks to a Tornado

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
skylebones polycounter lvl 10
We had a big storm across metro Atlanta on Thursday, and I was unfortunate enough to get a tornado down my street.

I've been living here for three years now, and this is my first time experiencing natures destructive force firsthand. The crazy thing was how fast it all happened. I got home at 7:33 and it was a bit overcast outside but no wind, rain, nothing. I went upstairs to see my kids and put them into bed, but I forgot a Dr. pepper I picked up on my way home down stairs by my front door. I walked back down and got the soda, then went back up stairs. As soon as I entered my kids room I heard a loud BANG and the power went out. The transformer across the street has become a popular hang out with the squirrels. I figured another poor fella got fried. So I went down stairs to check it out. I looked out our front window and the neighbors giant pine trees were blowing at a 45degree angle and the rain started hard. I ran upstairs to get the kids and the tornado sirens started going off and the sound of a train whirled up. My wife and I grabbed our two kids out of bed and started for the crawlspace. But by the time we got downstairs it was all over.

From the time I walked in the door to the end of the storm was a total of 13 minutes. The storm itself was only a couple minutes.

Here are some pics.

Tornado_01.jpg

The power was out for a couple days, luckily it was pretty nice outside and didn't get too hot inside the house.

Tornado_02.jpg

Tornado_03.jpg

Tornado_04.jpg

Tornado_05.jpg

Hey trees get out of my Shed!

Tornado_06.jpg

Tornado_07.jpg

Tornado_08.jpg

My neighbors here got it the worst. But they were all safe.

Tornado_09.jpg

Luckily no one was injured during the storm. And most of it was cleaned up over the weekend. The crazy thing was how many people were driving through the neighborhood within minutes after the storm ended. Just looking at the damage. It was pretty annoying because the road was blocked from the fallen powerlines and people would drive down the street and couldn't turn around because of the bumper to bumper traffic. It also kept the emergency vehicles out which didn't help.

Pretty crazy stuff.

Replies