Home Technical Talk

wacom drivers messing up?

Autarkis
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Autarkis polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys,

This past week my wacom has been acting strangely. Throughout the day, the preferences seem to change as just hovering my pen above it in photoshop will make it scroll to the top of the document, a press on it bring up the right click menu. In zbrush and 3d coat, a press brings up the brush size menu and will increase it.
To fix it, i have to go to the wacom preference utility and recreate them ( either by loading a pre existing config file, or going into the wacom tablet properties and reset them there.
I've tried removing the driver and installing the most recent, but no go.
If anyone has seen this issue (windows 7 x64) i would gladly appreciate any help :)

I think i'm going to go install a wacom driver that's a year old or so, just to see what that does.

Replies

• Elodin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had this issue with my laptop. Nothing fixed it, even windows reinstall.

I bought myself another computer later but that's a bad fixer for u I'm afraid.
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    I'd say try 614.3. I tend to always give this one a try when something goes wrong and it helped me a few times. (of course there is no guarantee that it will work for you as it is pretty old and likely came out before the tablet you are using even existed, but it's worth a try !)
  • Autarkis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, that's what im thinking Elodin ( btw, is your nick taken from the Kingkiller Chronicles?)
    . I'll try that older drive pior, and see if it does anything for me.
  • maximumsproductions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maximumsproductions polycounter lvl 8
    Recently my wacom drivers apparently aren't found and I have to reinstall drivers. Not the biggest of deals but just something I thought I'd tangent on
  • Autarkis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It happened to me right before the drivers kept messing up maximum. On an other note, i did go try out earlier drivers. I couldn't get 6.1.4.3 off of wacom, i think i'm currently using 6.1.7-3 and while it's only been a few hours, I haven't had to remove my preferences. So.. thanks pior :)