Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First 3D character.

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Suba polycounter lvl 5
Learning Zbrush at the moment and it's a lot of fun. This is my version of Frankenstein's creature:

33173201loicmarques.jpg

80795204loicmarques.jpg

56390503loicmarques.jpg

68102402loicmarques.jpg

97784806loicmarques.jpg

52134205loicmarques.jpg

Replies

• Shad0w_Walker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it looks pretty nice. Especially the bolt design.

A "A" in my eyes for your 1st character!
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    I think it looks pretty nice. Especially the bolt design.

A "A" in my eyes for your 1st character!

Well now that's a good grade ^^ Thanks dude ! :)
  • alvordr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alvordr polycounter lvl 6
    You've done a great job here. I like the facial expression and the brain exposed. I also like the metalwork. I would work on the skin tones, using various shades of green, slight blues, purples, and possibly red. I wouldn't over do it though. I would layer those colors to expound on pocketed areas, such as inside the elbow. It will also help sell the veins...granted, the guy is dead, so I can see why you might want a less saturated look. You can still do this by having a fairly heavy, but see through pale grey/green layer on top of all the others.
  • Mrpopo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mrpopo polycounter lvl 5
    Your proportions are way off bro.

heh. ;)

But in all seriousness, great job! especially for your first character, keep it up :D I want to see morrrre!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    I would probably say the hands could be a bit smaller, just because they're huge - even though the whole guy is massive. Apart from that (and the skin tones already mentioned,) great work!

Also wires and texture flats please :D
  • NickT3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok guys. clearly this is not meant to have normal proportions. So no comments about that. For a first character this i quite insanely good. I would recommend looking at anatomy for the abs and surrounding a bit more in depth but other that that the anatomy is really good. And then your textures. But its your first one so you have time to improve on everything.

Everyone look out for this guy. hes gonna be legend- wait for it...
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    NickT3D wrote: »
    Ok guys. clearly this is not meant to have normal proportions. So no comments about that. For a first character this i quite insanely good.

I get the impression the poster was kidding, hence the ' ;) ' ...
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    alvordr wrote: »
    You've done a great job here. I like the facial expression and the brain exposed. I also like the metalwork. I would work on the skin tones, using various shades of green, slight blues, purples, and possibly red. I wouldn't over do it though. I would layer those colors to expound on pocketed areas, such as inside the elbow. It will also help sell the veins...granted, the guy is dead, so I can see why you might want a less saturated look. You can still do this by having a fairly heavy, but see through pale grey/green layer on top of all the others.

Thanks a ton for the feedback. I knew i was missing many skin tones, but i was not really sure about how i could actually make that dead skin feel. So helpful!
    Mrpopo wrote: »
    Your proportions are way off bro.

heh. ;)

But in all seriousness, great job! especially for your first character, keep it up :D I want to see morrrre!

Haha, u got me. Thanks, i will. I want to do mooore too don't worry. :D

Torch wrote: »
    I would probably say the hands could be a bit smaller, just because they're huge - even though the whole guy is massive. Apart from that (and the skin tones already mentioned,) great work!

Also wires and texture flats please :D

Thanks ! Probably, yeah i actually resized them a lot, but felt like that size would fit. ^^

I did not posted wires and textures flats cause it was not that interesting, trust me x)
    NickT3D wrote: »
    Ok guys. clearly this is not meant to have normal proportions. So no comments about that. For a first character this i quite insanely good. I would recommend looking at anatomy for the abs and surrounding a bit more in depth but other that that the anatomy is really good. And then your textures. But its your first one so you have time to improve on everything.

Everyone look out for this guy. hes gonna be legend- wait for it...

Wow, thanks dude ^^ Yeah actually the whole purpose of this big guy was to get into anatomy. Had a hard time on abs and surrounding. But i sure will work more and improve as much as i can. You can trust me on that =D

You guys from Polycount are nice and provide good constructive criticism. I will hang out more on that board for sure.
  • Toskineuro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toskineuro polycounter lvl 4
    That`s really really good for your first 3D character! I guess you have a background in traditional sculpting, haven't you?
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Toskineuro wrote: »
    That`s really really good for your first 3D character! I guess you have a background in traditional sculpting, haven't you?

Thanks ! =)
    I wish i had ! Haha. But no no. Maybe one day though. Pretty sure you might learn a lot of things using real clay, and even transpose it to 3D. Could be really cool.