Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci Fi Char (Portfolio piece)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
travisdreams polycounter lvl 6
First off, Im planning to graduate school as an environment artist. But in the way bottom of our portfolio requirements, it says if necessary, character work could be an exception. So i have a Female Sci Fi character ive been concepting and 3D modeling for the small character portion of my portfolio. Here are the images for the concepts:

changes.jpg

paintover_2.jpg

Char_Thumbnails.jpg

and here's the final concept i went with:

Char_Thumbnails2.jpg

after studying my design, i began the 3D modeling process so this is what i have so far:

ZBrush+Document.jpg

any feedback / critiques would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Travis Ngov

Replies

• Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    2nd image, left concept, to me, is a better choice. I like the vest, kneepads and loose cloth pants.

I know you're already working on the concept you went with but consider that the one I mentioned, at least to me, is more interesting.
  • travisdreams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    travisdreams polycounter lvl 6
    Memory wrote: »
    2nd image, left concept, to me, is a better choice. I like the vest, kneepads and loose cloth pants.

I know you're already working on the concept you went with but consider that the one I mentioned, at least to me, is more interesting.

Okay! I honestly wanted to do that also but i had some earlier choices from instructors and friends. But i think after this character piece is finish i'll approach that similar design for another character just to get more experience in cloth folds and wrinkles! :) so i'll definitely take your choice to consideration! Thanks!