Home Unreal Engine

UDK - ATI to Nvidia Card for PhysX/APEX Destruction?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
CarlK3D polycounter lvl 7
I want to be able to create PhysX Destructible meshes and APEX Destructible Objects BUT PhysX its not an Option. This is because I have an ATI Card for my Main Card.

As of now my main Card is a ATI 6970 & I have a Nvidia GTS 450 enabled as a PhysX Card. So its a Hybrid GPU System. I can use 6970 for Gaming or 3D Work and still get PhysX from the GTS 450 in all programs....except UDK.

So My question is Can I change the Card UDK uses to my GTS 450 or is there a way to make UDK recognize the Nvidia Card or to enable PhysX?

Thanks
CarlK3D

Replies

• cainy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cainy polycounter lvl 5
    I cant answer that, but on the topic of physx I have another question. Because if you want to work with Physx you might not be able to do so at all as I had file extension problems.

Basically some time ago a year or two I dont know, but the file extensions used to be .apx for physic cloth, now I cant get that working as it has been changed to .pxproj and UDK doesnt read it. Tried all kinds of export options, made sure to have apex cloth checked and all that but still comes out as pxproj from maya and uUDK just fails to export any cloth data, shame :(

Fractured meshes are easier as you can work in Nvidia PhysX Lab to fracture them so I was able to get those working.

I searched for answers and only found people having the same problem.
    Any idea whats going with the file formats?
  • CarlK3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CarlK3D polycounter lvl 7
    As of now I haven't done any work in Nvidia PhysX Lab since I cant even access PhysX so Im unsure about file extension problems.
    PhysX Destructible meshes are fine through UDK but for APEX Destructible Objects im unsure