Home General Discussion

3DRubicon.com

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
I don't usually plug products but this one has lots of potential. A friend of mine just launched a really cool page that is being described as "CGHub on steroids". Signing up allows you to reserve your username and the 1st wave of artists will unlock Founding Member privileges. Eventually it looks like a cool marketplace to discover, buy, and sell artwork.

http://www.3drubicon.com/

3DRubicon.com is an art community powered by creative people worldwide that lets you discover, share, and eventually buy and sell inspiring 2D & 3D artwork (even physical 3D printed models delivered to your door).

Replies

• artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    Very cool! I just signed up. I really like the site layout. It also makes it really easy to upload images.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Seems interesting. Fairly limited for 3d models at the moment it seems. No FBX support, no materials.. Also the vertex count doesn't take into account splits, so it'll be the same as in software, not engine.

Also it'd be a lot better if you could edit your submission details after uploading, and assign works to categories, search through categories (Prop, character..), dates.. even if they were just tags.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    So it's like a marketplace with live preview? What kind of cut is the website going to take from sales? We'll be able to sell models, right?
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Can't edit thumbnails yet? My images look like shit because they're too tall :(

Will have to try uploading a model when I actually finish one
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    I'm not exactly sure how this works? At the moment its just a gallery?
  • Goldo_O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goldo_O greentooth
    A gallery with the possibility to put stuff back on top of the list if you vote up for them it appears. When you upload images they seem to have 100 and as soon as someone else is uploading something else, your image lose points and thus go down in the list. Voting up and down can accelerate or reverse that.

At least that's what I got after playing with it for a couple of minutes.

Maybe that explains the limit of upload per day.
    Seems like you can upload some pretty dense models. They show a 450K mesh in their blog. Hopefully they can add textures later on :)

Edit:
    3DRubicon.com is an art community powered by creative people worldwide that lets you discover, share, and eventually buy and sell inspiring 2D & 3D artwork (even physical 3D printed models delivered to your door).
    oooooooooh! Nice! :)
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    anyone else having trouble logging back in ?

i registered and then a while later when i tried to log in it wont let me
  • Goldo_O
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goldo_O greentooth
    anyone else having trouble logging back in ?

i registered and then a while later when i tried to log in it wont let me

No problem so far on my side.

I read somewhere on their website that if you upload an .obj that comes with a .mtl, their viewer will show the textures. I have to try this out.
    I wish you could change the camera focal.