Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Star Trek - weapons and props art dump!

Over the fall and winter of 2012 I worked on a variety of weapons and props for Digital Extremes Star Trek the Videogame, via Art Bully Productions. Below are the realtime and highpoly source files.

Gorn:

Attack Drone
Gorn_AttackDrone_LP.jpg
Gorn_AttackDrone_HP.jpg

Arc Driver
Gorn_ArcDriver_LP.jpg
Gorn_ArcDriver_HP.jpg

Medkit
Gorn_Medkit_LP.jpg
Gorn_Medkit_HP.jpg

Programming Arm
Gorn_ProgrammingArm_LP.jpg
Gorn_ProgrammingArm_HP.jpg

Lymax:
Crossbow (the least Trek weapon ever?)
Lymax_Crossbow_LP.jpg
Lymax_Crossbow_HP.jpg

Vulcan:
Container and keypad (hp were both modeled in maya, just rendered in zb for consistency). The keypad appears on a number Vulcan models. The highpoly source is the same each time however once baked into the accompanying lowpoly, each final appearance has a slightly unique texture
Vulcan_Container%252BKeypad_LP.jpg
Vulcan_Container%252BKeypad_HP.jpg

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    very cool! was it mostly sculpting for these highpolys? love the attack drone
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Hm I think your edges are pretty gooby. I'm not a trekky so maybe that's just the style of that species...But still a lot of the hardsurfacy areas are pretty soft without much form. And with that final container asset I think your edges are too hard and don't translate too well to the low poly...not sure if you were looking for critique or not, but that's my two cents :P

Overall, I admire the consistency of the models. I can imagine it would be tough to try and make everything look like it's the same tech :P
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys,

Ged: All the Gorn stuff was sculpted from base meshes in maya, the crossbow is a mix where the main body was sculpted and the rest just straight modeled. The Vulcan stuff is all modeled.

Selaznog: All the Gorn stuff is meant to be that way, handcrafted organics and metals. The Vuclan crate does read pretty sharp there but I believe its just the way zb renders all normals as "hard." Here's the same models in maya:

Vulcan_Container+Keypad_HP_1.jpg
    Vulcan_Keypad_HP.jpg