Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D environment artist online portfolio feedback thread :)

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Treboras polycounter lvl 12
Hi guys!

I worked the last week to complete the programming and design of my online portfolio and before I complete the WIP project at the top and send it out into the (nearly) world wide job-hunt, I would truly appreciate some feedback from you.

Feel free to contact me per mail or PM if you for any reason whatsoever don't want to answer in this thread.

http://www.robertmastny.com/

Thank you very, very much in advance,
Treboras

Replies

• BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    I like your stuff, it has a really appealing charm to it.
    -I think your website is really clean and simple enough to navigate, but I think you could tone down the text explanations for each image. I am a personal fan of just letting the art speak for its self, and then at the end give a quick description and credit to the people that deserve it.
    -I think you should organize it a little better. Put all "The Glass Slipper," stuff into one or two pages. Right now it is kind of scattered about through your website on almost every page.
    -I can't middle mouse click your thumbnails for some reason to open up a new tab. I have to right click, open new tab, to get it to work.

Hopefully that helps a little bit, and good luck on the hunt!
  • Treboras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER wrote: »
    I like your stuff, it has a really appealing charm to it.

Thanks for the compliment. Of course credit for that also goes to the art direction at my last job ;)
    -I think your website is really clean and simple enough to navigate, but I think you could tone down the text explanations for each image. I am a personal fan of just letting the art speak for its self, and then at the end give a quick description and credit to the people that deserve it.

I understand your point and considered cutting a lot of text, but in the end felt that the text is sometimes necessary and sometimes additional information I would like to offer.

However, I moved the images to the top above the text, so that they greet the visitor and not the wall of text :D
    -I think you should organize it a little better. Put all "The Glass Slipper," stuff into one or two pages. Right now it is kind of scattered about through your website on almost every page.

Due to the complexity of the project, I wanted to prevent a "4 page" long project sub-site, so I split it into chunks just for the sake of overview. However, I will merge the two main-screens once more content is added, but probably still leave the trailer as a separate sub-site.
    -I can't middle mouse click your thumbnails for some reason to open up a new tab. I have to right click, open new tab, to get it to work.

Thank you very much for the hint, haven't thought of that. It should work now.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I really appreciate it!
  • Treboras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update:

I have completely redone the color layout of the site. For those, who haven't seen the previous version: The homepage was quite dark.

I switched now to a quite bright design / color choice and introduced some more color with headline color changes and some more pictures in my "About me" section.

http://www.robertmastny.com/

Let me know what you think. Feedback is always appreciated.