Home› Technical Talk

Maya (max, xsi) 2014 DX11 shader

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Ravenok polycounter lvl 7
Hey there everyone,

I'm super excited (as a Maya user) for the upcoming autodesk releases, since Maya's going through some long-awaited changes, but most of all I'm excited about the new GPU rendering options.

I'm wondering about something but couldn't find an answer to it, so I'm turning to you awesome folk for help.

I'm working on a graduation project and was planning on rendering it on a game engine. With the new shaders of the 2014 releases it seems to be possible to do the real-time renders within Maya, so it's very exciting. The only problem is, I don't know of any real-time VFX solution for Maya or Max.

Is there anything I can use, or will be able to use in Maya 2014/Max 2014, that will give me real-time, good looking results for smoke and fog effects, like a game engine would have, for example? real-time particle and atmospheric effects really seem to be the only thing standing in the way of rendering a short film in real time, within the package, after 2014, and if there's a solution to that then that's just awesome.