Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Winners Announced: Congratulations!

Well here we are: The winners of the Costume Design character contest are announced!

CONGRATS and thanks so much for being part of the adventure!!

Replies

• Guedin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guedin polycounter lvl 11
    WOW !
    I'm so so happy ! Thanks you so much Mixamo, Houdini and Polycount for hosting this contest.
    It was a lot of fun and the entries were awesome !
    See you for the next one guys ;)
  • harmless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    harmless polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks to Side Effects, cmiVFX, Mixamo, and Polycount for making this contest possible. Congratulations Guedin, Dryulya, and Kozlov.

@Dryulya I think you were about 1 week away from winning the whole thing. Solid effort...maybe next time.
  • Dryulya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks to the organizers. For me it is a big surprise, because things like character, topology, animation, dynamics, cloth in Houdini, I did for the first time in his life. I just wanted to try and was hoping that I would succeed. But thanks to the great lessons of Robert Magee and help participants I managed to reach the final.
    There is one wish to Sidefx: please do lessons in other languages​​, or at least duplicate in plain text (the text can be converted to an automatic translator). I think it is very greatly extend the range of your customers. Me as a person does not speak English had to turn their intuition and imagination to understand some pieces of lessons.
    There is a request to the organizers: If possible, I would pay the difference and took Houdini FX.
  • Dryulya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank harmless. You're very kind. It was a great pleasure to compete with you.
  • Robert.Magee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Robert.Magee polycounter lvl 6
    Here is an article showcasing the Mixamo | Polycount | Houdini Costume Contest winners on sidefx.com - http://bit.ly/16kLWTO

Thanks to everyone who participated and especially for integrating Mixamo motion with Houdini and its cloth tools. I know that it was out of many people's comfort zone but the results show amazing work by all.

If you have any feedback and suggestions for Houdini's cloth or rendering tools please let me know at rmagee@sidefx.com. We participate in these contests to expose Houdini to new artists and learning from your experiences will only help us make things better in the future.

Robert Magee
  • nacertag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Congrats to the winner
    Well deserved and I'm so happy that my entry is listed as one of the notable entry's because its my first carachter that I ever made I'm a self taught and I do not work in the art field and contest like this give me a chance to get better and cet higher goals for my self thanks to everybody envolved in this contest and congrats again to the winner