Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"Borrower"-ish WItch Doctor home

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
hadidjah polycounter lvl 8
I've been putting off posting this up for weeks now for various dumb reasons, and it's still nowhere near ready, but here it is anyways!

I really like the Borrowers / Littles, so for this project I wanted to make a home for someone of that size and lifestyle, but... also some sort of crazy witch doctor.:)

Still on my to-do list:
-A bit of modeling and model clean-up (I'd like to add some more detail to the center "cauldron" especially)
-*Lots* of texuring
-Set up simple physics on things that need it (everything dangly, basically)
-Shader clean-up

Since I think lighting and composition are some of my weakest points, I'd really appreciate feedback on those in particular right now while I'm still cleaning the rest of the scene up, but any feedback would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

20130319_witchHutWIPA_hadidjah.jpg

20130319_witchHutWIPB_hadidjah.jpg

Replies

• DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The purple interior of the cup seems a bit odd. I'd probably fill the cup with something - slowly boiling liquid, thick glop with unidentified chunks floating, thick cloud pouring over the side.

The candle flame looks too regular. This is one of the times when an animated billboard texture works better than actual geometry. The flame should sit lower, with the base near the bottom of the exposed portion of the wick. There should be a darker 'halo' around the wick, and the bottom is often burning hotter and thus blue. There are definite and multiple gradients - from the wick to the center, and from the center to the other edges. The light itself seems to come from the midpoint of the flame.

5038426676_5898bc74e4_z.jpg