Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Ram Issue

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Noth polycounter lvl 15
Hey! So, I've blundered into a problem. I've managed to save a Zbrush project file that I don't have enough ram to reopen. I have 16gb in my laptop. If someone has a minute, and alot of ram, to open my file, delete the main body mesh(I've already exported it as .obj) resave the .ZPR and send me it back to me. I would be soooo appreciative. Alternatively, if you know how I can fix this on my own? Let me know! thanks.

Replies

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    ZBrush is a 32bit app, so it cant access more then 4gb (and even then you need to be running a 64bit OS). With 16gb of ram you can open anything it can run. If it cant open an existing file maybe try changing the memory settings in settings/preferences to use 4gb before compressing, as it's not the default.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    There's a good chance that if you can't open it with 16GB of RAM, then we probably wouldn't be able to either : /

There's also the chance (especially if the file is around or larger than 4GB) that it actually became corrupt when saving, in which case I don't think anyone is going to be able to open it. Have you checked your backup or quicksave folders?
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    Damn. Its not even that big, 148mb. Less than 15million points, about 10 subtools. Must be corrupted.. I'll have to look in to the quicksave feature I didn't know that was out. Thanks ne ways guys. Only lost a bit. Nothing useful in my recovery files either.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    At that size I can try it if you wanted to throw it on dropbox/google drive/whatever. I was expecting the usual 4GB file error people commonly got with 4R4 and layers.