KR_DS_SotC.jpg
workshop link

In progress

Replies

• reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    I know this is hardly worth singing about, but I finally managed to get this model to compile and show up. It was quite the ordeal.
    success.jpg

with the FBX working again I got it to import successfully according to the log...but it was invisible. After double/triple-checking xforms, face normals, alpha channels i was at a loss.
    Discovered that when i had imported the Slark model FBX I had converted bones to dummy objects - so it was exporting skinned to a non-bone object. reimported the model with that option un-checked fixed it.

but only LOD1 worked. The portrait model was for some reason a tiny spec floating behind slarks angry fist. >:C
    I had both the models bound to the weapon_2 bone in the same file. I deleted one LOD and made a separate file for each and it fixed the problem. I have absolutely no idea why.

Hopefully my pain will help any other noobs who stumble upon this - else i wouldn't bore you all with it.

Texture updates later!
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i'm letting slark stew for a bit. shameless Crosspost on my storm spirit progress!

ssWIP02.jpg
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ssWIP04.jpg
    some progress - having some issues with the armor - not unfixable, but annoying. i may just upload and submit the hair/beard tonight and do the rest as it finishes.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So in the interest of getting something done on this before the end of the month I've scrapped the armor and submitted the hair and beard. I was having some weight issues with the robe thing...and i'm not terribly happy with how it's turning out anyways. I shall move on! pick your battles.
    stormSpirit_Elder01.jpg
    stormSpirit_Elder02.jpg
    stormSpirit_Elder03.jpg
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    first pass on a club for ogre magi.
    omClub_C01.jpg

I've got some sketchbook pages full of concepts for other things. Soon as i hit up a scannner I'll post 'em up and maybe paint a few.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    after i finish my current set i'm going to make one item per character starting from the bottom of the workshop list. hopefully i'll be able to get a couple done a week - we'll see what time allows.
    d2Concepts01.jpg

starting with witch doctor. got some concepts done. I'm partial to #3, but i dunno if the tricount will allow it.

Next will be windrunner :D
  • Uff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uff
    Last om and wd sketches are fking amazing!
  • ziikutv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ziikutv polycounter lvl 9
    I love the snake one.
  • Prophet9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophet9 polycounter lvl 9
    Ogre Magi club is a brilliant one!
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad you guys like 'em.
    anybody can feel free to grab anything you like as i post concepts here - I can only work on one thing at a time. just make sure it's not that one thing i'm working on :)

dsWIP07.jpg
    i'll update my first post with this once i get the promo images made.
  • reverendK