Home Technical Talk

Maya hlsl shader

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
Hey guys,

I used to use a shader lcnextgen shader I think, that was hlsl if I remember correctly.

Though I cant seem to find it anywhere anymore.

Anyone know if this is the correct one I seem to remember. Anyone know of any alternatives?

Do cgfx shaders work with ATI cards? I know they are not very compatible.. but if by luck, could some work on ATI's? Maybe I used a cgfx shader before..

Anyway any help is appreciated =]

Replies

• chronic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chronic polycounter lvl 10
    I'm so sorry you have an ati card, there are so many more possibilities with the nvidia profiles on cgfx shaders.
    I took it down because I was ashamed of the nasty code and I don't have the time to clean it up and make it cool.
    I didn't test to see if it loads, fingers crossed.

lcNextGenShader_2.1.fx

This link will only work for about a week or so.
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sweet thanks, seems I had a copy of lcNextGenShader_1.2.fx somewhere on my external HDD, was using that.

I'll check our 2.1! =]
    I don't think any artist here will care about how nasty or hacky a code is.. as long as the end result looks great. =D

But than again, I can see why you would want to take it down if you are a coder.

Anyway thanks for the link! =]
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, just a quick question.

I set my gfx card settings to force anti aliasing, but on meshes the shader is applied it isnt being forced on them.

I am going to guess that this shader doesnt support it, but was wondering if there was some sort of quick "hack" to make it work.

Do all shaders in Maya not support antialiasing? Or is it just hlsl? Or is it simply not implemented in this shader?
  • chronic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chronic polycounter lvl 10
    its not something i could control on the shader side. it must be how maya is rendering hlsl into the viewport
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers, thanks for the help =]
  • zanozza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, chronic!

Is any chance to get your 2.1 shader for a learning purposes? Your Dropbox link is dead :(

Thank you in advance!