Home Technical Talk

Zbrush 4r5 Extract feature

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Fred2303 polycounter lvl 7
The zbrush Extract feature in 4r5 is quite different from the previous version, i tried to find some documentation on the Pixo website about it but couldnt find.

i was weondering if any of you found some in depth infos about it or can explain exactly how the new options work and how it react with polygroups exactly.

Thx!

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    The only Extract difference between 4r5 and 4r4 is the Double option, which adds thickness to both directions (inside and outside the model). Are you thinking more about panel loops?
  • Fred2303
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fred2303 polycounter lvl 7
    thx cryrid, actually in my UI i dont have the Edge smoothness slider anymore (E SMT)

also theres a small checkbox that is new next to the S SMT slider and the Tbord and Tcorn.

i kinda see what the options does but i would like to know for wich exact purpose they added them and also why remove the E SMT

Also the extraction are now reacting with my Polygroups from the original mesh, im pretty sure it wasnt acting the same way before.

anyways thanks again!

20130301132722zbrush.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I think I see what you mean about the polygroups; it now preserves them on the extracted mesh?

Regarding the circle; open maintains the volume the new mesh when smoothing, closed will not (which probably has it act more like edge smooth).